Monday, July 12, 2010

Something out of nothing

.....and this is my inspiration, an illustration from my favourite author, Shirley Hughes (who was awarded an honorary doctorship at my teacher graduation). Not only is she highly talented in painting and creating an atmosphere herself, but this illustration of the children making a whole afternoon's play out of a sheet, a few rocks and a washing line delights me. I love to create something out of nothing, and know that what is now my favourite playing-place was once only drying laundry. Her illustrations remind me of my childhood, and the more you look at them, the more each individual picture is a story in itself. It barely needs words to accompany it. Simply beautiful and warming in every way.
Louise x

1 comment:

  1. How adorable! You're right to say that this illustration barely needs words to accompany it, charming and sweet. <3

    ReplyDelete